In the mood for sushi? Don´t want to spend money eating out? Worried about fake, mislabeled fish sold in US sushi restaurants? I know, making sushi sounds daunting and even impossible for some. The good news is that the preparation is not arduous and the end result is mouth watering :-)
At home, my husband likes to make cucumber, avocado, shrimp tempura, and at times lobster sushi. Living on the East Coast, we are spoiled with fresh lobster. The sushi I have at home is better than most of the restaurants in the area and made with quality products that are REAL!!
If you´re interested in making sushi, you will need the following (products will vary based on buying options and preferences):
- 365 sushi rice (2 cups rice, 3 1/2 water in rice cooker)
- organic rice vinegar (1/4 cup)
- organic cane sugar (2 tbsp)
- sea salt (pinch)
- organic pacific sushi nori seaweed wraps
- Whole Foods tempura shrimp
- organic grated ginger
- organic soy sauce
- sushi sonic real wasabi
- a good set of hands for rolling and lots of love <3
Enjoy and happy rolling!